[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Pbi-dev Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:25:34 PDT 2010

Hi Ken,

Are you saying that PBI Creator is using an old version of the Qt
libraries? I wonder where those different versions of the Qt libraries
come from since I only use PBI but haven't used ports to install any
application on my current laptop...

As for LaTeX, it seems that the one on PC-BSD is teTeX, a LaTeX
distribution widely used for many Unix-like systems including FreeBSD
but at the same time is no longer actively maintained
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetex) and it has longtime been
suggested to supersede teTeX with TeXLive. I know LaTeX is by nature a
command-line program (I have done my thesis on LaTeX). Since teTeX is
already on PC-BSD perhaps TeXLive is currently not that urgent (...
maybe).

Kile is not really a GUI LaTeX program; LyX would be closer to (but is
not exactly) WYSIWYG, but I prefer use it under Emacs or "AUCTeX",
which I will build its PBI one day. In the long run I will build a
"meta-PBI" that includes Emacs, AUCTeX, R and ESS (something like
http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/windows).

Regards,
Sam