[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI Creator incompatible?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 12 09:25:38 PDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 12:20, Ken Moore wrote:
>  On 10/12/2010 01:51, Sam Lin wrote:
>> I am managing to create a TeXLive PBI using PBI Creator as this is not
>> included in FreeBSD port tree in a "normal" way which means PBI
>> Builder is not useful here.
>>
>> FYI, TeXLive is "ported" to FreeBSD by freebsd-texlive project
>> (http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/). Whilst this project
>> claims that "as of September 22nd 2010, the freebsd-texlive projects
>> distributes ports for using TeXLive 2010 from the FreeBSD ports tree",
>> it seems this does not mean TeXLive can be available directly from
>> FreeBSD ports tree archive. I will need to check out with the project
>> leader what exactly that means, but I need LaTeX NOW so I will need to
>> get TeXLive workable on PC-BSD as soon as possible.
>>
>> Anyway, I was trying to launch PBI Creator but oddly it crashed with
>> the following log:
>>
>> ============ From here ===============
>>
>> Output logged from stdout
>> =========================
>>

>> Output logged from stderr
>> =========================
>>
>> Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries
>> Locale: "en"
>>
>> =========== ... to here ==============
>>

>> What is happening here?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sam
>
> Sam,
> I am not sure about the error, but it appears that it is trying to use
> two different versions of the qt libraries. Perhaps the "port" is using
> an old version?
>
> As for LaTeX, it is available on PCBSD right now. Once you have your
> .tex file, you can just use the "latex (filename).tex" to compile it
> into the .dvi). This is all from the command line right now, so I agree
> that it would be nice to get a GUI LaTeX program eventually (I think
> Kile is one, but it won't actually compile the code or something right
> now: I will look into it a little bit)
>
> I hope this helps with your urgent need of LaTeX.

Sam,

What OS version / arch are you running on? I'll re-test the PBI creator
here and get it fixed when you let me know. Odds are its missing a
specific QT lib which is dynamically loaded.

Also, if you have an updated port for the textex live app, we can throw
that into our specific ports tree while we wait on FreeBSD ports to get
it updated :)

- --