[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI Creator incompatible?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 12 09:20:17 PDT 2010

  On 10/12/2010 01:51, Sam Lin wrote:
> I am managing to create a TeXLive PBI using PBI Creator as this is not
> included in FreeBSD port tree in a "normal" way which means PBI
> Builder is not useful here.
>
> FYI, TeXLive is "ported" to FreeBSD by freebsd-texlive project
> (http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/). Whilst this project
> claims that "as of September 22nd 2010, the freebsd-texlive projects
> distributes ports for using TeXLive 2010 from the FreeBSD ports tree",
> it seems this does not mean TeXLive can be available directly from
> FreeBSD ports tree archive. I will need to check out with the project
> leader what exactly that means, but I need LaTeX NOW so I will need to
> get TeXLive workable on PC-BSD as soon as possible.
>
> Anyway, I was trying to launch PBI Creator but oddly it crashed with
> the following log:
>
> ============ From here ===============
>
> Output logged from stdout
> =========================
>

> Output logged from stderr
> =========================
>
> Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries
> Locale: "en"
>
> =========== ... to here ==============
>

> What is happening here?
>

> Regards,
> Sam

Sam,
I am not sure about the error, but it appears that it is trying to use
two different versions of the qt libraries. Perhaps the "port" is using
an old version?

As for LaTeX, it is available on PCBSD right now. Once you have your
.tex file, you can just use the "latex (filename).tex" to compile it
into the .dvi). This is all from the command line right now, so I agree
that it would be nice to get a GUI LaTeX program eventually (I think
Kile is one, but it won't actually compile the code or something right
now: I will look into it a little bit)

I hope this helps with your urgent need of LaTeX.

PC-BSD/IXsystems
(ken at pcbsd.org)