[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] pbidir.com "audit" - 7.x/8.x 32/64bits availability

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Oct 8 06:06:17 PDT 2010

On 10/06/2010 18:38, Sam Lin wrote:
> Hi PBI fellows,
>
> I have run thru the whole pbidir.com entries and noticed that there
> are some PBIs incomplete or missing out. The following list is
> categorised in accordance with the structure in pbidir.com but not
> that in the FreeBSD port tree. Also please note that 64bit version of
> some applications might not exist "by nature" as of this writing but I
> will just list them up anyway.
>
> 1. Development
> * Gambas - 64bits unavailable
> * Komodo Edit - 7.x unavailable
> * SciLab - 7.x, 8.x, 32bits, 64bits all unavailable
> * Zenity - 64bits 7.x unavailable
>
> 2. Emulators
> * Gens - 64bits unavailable
> * Q4Wine - only 32bits 8.x available
> * Wine - 64bits unavailable
> * ZSNES - 64bits unavailable
>
> 3. File Transfer
> * Total Commander - only 32bits 7.x available
> * WxDownload Fast - 32bits 8.x unavailable
>
> 4. Games
> * Frozen Bubble - 8.x unavailable
> * GTk Pool - 8.x unavailable
> * ioUrbanTerror - 64bits unavailable
> * LinCity-NG - 64bits 7.x unavailable
> * Lure of Temptress - 8.x unavailable
> * Quake3 - 64bits unavailable
> * Quake4 Demo - 64bits unavailable
> * Return to Castle Wolfenstein - 64bits unavailable
>

> 5. Graphics
> * Hugin - 8.x unavailable
> * Inkscape - 64bits 7.x unavailable
>
> 6. Multimedia
> * Ardour - 64bits unavailable
> * BMPX - 64bits unavailable
> * Quod Libet - 7.x, 8.x, 32bits, 64bits all unavailable
>
> 7. P2P
> * KMLDonkey - only 32bit 7.x available
> * LimeWire - 8.x unavailable
>
> 8. Services
> * Abyss Web Server - 64bits unavailable
> * Thin Client Server - 8.x unavailable
>
> 9. Utilities
> * BPM - 64bits 7.x unavailable
> * chntpw - 64bits unavailable
> * Google Earth - 64bits 7.x unavailable
> * Qsstv - 64bits 7.x unavailable
>

> Regards,
> Sam
>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:17:13 -0400
>> From: Ken Moore<ken at pcbsd.org>
>> To: Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.org>
>> Cc: pbi-dev at lists.pcbsd.org
>>
>> I just added the 8.x versions of geekbench to pbidir.
>>
>> If you notice any other ones that are missing the 8.x version, please
>> let us know so that we can figure out what is going on with them!
>>
>> ~Ken Moore

Thanks for the "audit" Sam. I will be taking a look at some of these
soon to see if I can clean some of this up. I noticed a couple that were
removed because of they were perpetually broken (scilab for example),
and a couple that were removed because they were emulated "hacks" to run
without the emulator and did not work very well (lure of temptress).

I will try to start cleaning up PBIDIR here soon, and remove the entries
for PBI's that do not exist anymore, while checking on the missing
versions for the others.

Thanks again Sam!

~Ken Moore