[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Synergy modules

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 4 06:11:13 PDT 2010

On 10/02/2010 13:15, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
>  if the second PBI requires the first one to run can we just have the
> second one with two icons on the main menu?
>
> unless the size of the two PBI justify having two different ones.
>
> I am looking forward to test this PBI
>
> Fabry
>
> On 10/02/2010 13:11, Jesse Smith wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>>
>> Today I offer you a great two-for-one deal on Synergy PBI modules.
>> Please find attached two modules, Synergy-Plus, a utility for sharing a
>> keyboard and mouse with multiple machines. The other module is Quick
>> Synergy, which is a GUI configuration tool for Synergy-Plus.
>>
>> Synergy-Plus is a command line tool and I have tried to set it up as
>> such in the menu entry.
>>
>> The Quick Synergy program relies on having Synergy-Plus present, so I've
>> included Synergy-Plus as a required port in the pbi.conf file.
>>
>> Both of these PBIs were requested in this forum thread:
>> http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13660
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any questions,
>> Jesse

Jesse,

Would it be feasible to "merge" the two PBIs into one? For example make
the main synergy PBI include the GUI front-end in OTHERPORTS? That way
with one package you get the whole deal, don't need to do dependency
checking :)

So for example, the Synergy-Plus PBI would just include a desktop icon
for the GUI, but also it loads the CLI version at the same time.

- --