[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] www/chromium on pbidir.com empty

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Oct 1 06:12:51 PDT 2010

  On 10/01/2010 00:45, Sam Lin wrote:
> On pbiDIR.com it is found that www/chromium is actually "empty" -
> neither PBI for 7.x nor for 8.x is available
> (http://pbidir.com/bt/pbi/371/chromium). The PBI for 8.x exists on ftp
> server (ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/8/www/chromium/) but
> that PBI actually does not work. Running the installed pbi just ends
> up with a crash with no useful message:
>
> ========= from here ===============
>
> Output logged from stdout
> =========================
>

> Output logged from stderr
> =========================
>
> Locale: "en"

Sam,

The Chromium PBI is a work in progress right now. The reason it is empty
on PBIDIR is because I uploaded the PBI as soon as the legal issues were
worked out. Unfortunately, the PBI was a newer version that was missing
a bunch of libraries and such (the old one worked fine). So I removed
the PBI in order to prevent the deluge of messages informing me that it
is broken. You can also see some of this info on the forum post for
chromium on the PBI request page. We are still working on Chromium to
get it working before posting the "new" PBI again.

~Ken Moore