[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI module for GMT

ken at pcbsd.org ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 29 09:16:41 PST 2010

	Jesse,

	I just add the gmt module to the server and I added a desktop icon
since you did not have one.

	I do want to point out however that this port is marked as being
broken for 32-bit builds (look it up on www.freshports.com). So it
will only build for 64-bit PBI's.
	I also looked at your 9.x module, and there are a couple things you
will probably want to add to your pbi building tool.

	1: you probably want the ability to include the desktop entry (in
xdg-desktop/)

	2: you also want the entry for the menu entries (in xdg-menu/)

	These two files are the equivilant of the kmenu-dir/ file from the
8.x format, but now the destop icon and the menu entry could be
different (if so desired).

	The only difference between the two of them is really the last line
(catagories) for the menu entry. For some good example for the 9.x
format, check out this page:
http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/current/src-sh/pbi-manager/module-examples
[1]

	There is also a simple tool there called convertoldmod.sh that can be
used to convert a 8.x module to a 9.x module if you want to check it
out.

	Thanks for the module!

	~Ken Moore
 BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }

On Sun 28/11/10  4:16 PM , Jesse Smith  wrote:Please find attached my
PBI module for a program called GMT (generic
 mapping tool). It's a console application, so the module is pretty
bare
 bones.
 Aside from the regular module, I've included a second tarball
containing
 my first attempt at making a module in the PBI 9 module format. I'm
 basing this off of my understanding of the example modules, so please
 let me know if you spot any mistakes.
 Thanks,
 Jesse

Links: