[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI version 9 modules

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 29 09:03:39 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:39:38PM -0400, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Kris,
>
> Thank you for clearing that up. I just have one more question then: How
> does the builder know which port the module is associated with? I looked
> through the GIMP and Firefox modules and didn't find anything which
> directly states, "This module is based on port `category/port-name'."
>
> The port name is mentioned in pbi.conf, but not the full category/path
> to that port. Does the build server search for the port name in the same
> fashion pkg_add does?
>
> Jesse

Our build system will try to look at the module path first, so if in SVN we are using
the module www/firefox, it'll look for a port at www/firefox. However, in some cases
we may throw something into the tree which doesn't use the same port name / dir. In that
case you'll want to set this variable:

# The target port we are building
PBI_MAKEPORT="www/firefox"
export PBI_MAKEPORT

That'll let the build server know which specific port this is building. You'll probably
want your builder program to just use that by default, since it doesn't hurt to have it included.