[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI version 9 modules

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 29 07:30:37 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:42:00PM -0400, Jesse Smith wrote:
> I'm working on expanding my PBI module automation script so that it will
> work with version 9 modules. I'm curious as to which files (if any) can
> be safely omitted. For instance, in the example modules there's a
> LICENSE file and an external-links file. Is it safe to leave these out
> if no external links are required?
>
> - Jesse

Jesse,

The LICENSE file is optional, you only need to include it if you want the
end user to be forced to accept the license before installation.

Also, the external-links file is optional as well, that stuff is magically
auto-built, and you only need to specify it when you have some extra links
you want to create from the PBI -> LOCALBASE (/usr/local)