[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] How can we install software in pbidir located ?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Nov 9 08:47:43 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 04:30:23PM +0000, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Good question... Kris or Ken, is it possible to use Pootle to translate some popular PBIs in order to have localized versions?
>
> Philippe, is there anything in /usr/ports/french that is worth having as a PBI? Maybe thierry@ should be added to this conversation?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

I'm not sure we could do it via our own pootle interface. This is more of an upstream problem,
I.E. the target port isn't localized into a particular language. Really the original
port developer should be handling their own i18n, since they often have their own
way of getting these files into their tree. It wouldn't be feasible for us to try and
manage transations for ports which may have wildly different translation methods.