[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] MegaGlest3.3.7.2-PV01.pbi

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Thu Nov 4 08:05:31 PDT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2010, 13:54:37 schrieb Kris Moore:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:52:45AM +0100, Sven Moeller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i've build a PBI Package of the RTS game Mega Glest for PCBSD 8.1 AMD64
> > (NVIDIA Grapics Adapter).
> > Attached you'll find the lib/ directory of the PBI.
> >
> > The PBI it's selfs can be downloaded here(~273 MB):
> >
> > http://nichthelfer.de:8083/MegaGlest3.3.7.2-PV01.pbi
> >
> > The game uses OpenGL Hardware acceleration.
> > I've deleted *nvidia* from the lib/ dir because i think it's better to
> > use the system wide installed ones.
> >
> > Here you'll find a short HowTo build MegaGlest on FreeBSD:
> >
> > http://glest.wikia.com/wiki/MG/FreeBSD_Compiling
> >
> > Also attached you'll find custom PBI Scripts.
> >
> > I didn't set an update URL for the PBI yet, but i could use the above URL
> > for download.
> >
> > Is it possible that someone build the 32Bit Version?
> >
> > Please test it. Any feedback is appreciate.
> >

> > Thx & kind regards
> >
> > Sven Moeller
>
> Is MegaGlest different than regular Glest? We already have a PBI for Glest
> available, but if this is a fork / new program then perhaps we can get
> somebody to make a FreeBSD port of it. If we can get that done, then
> building both 32bit & 64bit modules is a snap, and they get updated
> automatically whenever the port does.
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Module_Builder_Guide
>
> PS, please don't attach large files, a link will suffice :)

Sorry, i won't do this again.

MegaGlest is a fork of Glest, with more factions. Factions currently available
- Magic
- Tech
- Persian
- Indian
- Egypt
- Noresemen
- others may follow (yesterday i was playing japanese)

Improved, very stable network code and an stron AI. MegaGlest is being
surrounded by an active community. When playing MegaGlest online, there's
nothing special about cross platform matches. MegaGlest is running on Windows,
Linux, FreeBSD and MacOSX (porting still in progress) and all can play
together.

I did the porting to FreeBSD (the guy who did the initial work of the current
available Mac port helped me allot) and gave it back to upstream. So, i would
like to bring MegaGlest into the FreeBSD ports collection. But i'm new to
FreeBSD (coming from Linux) and i have to learn how to make valuable port. I
know where to find the "porters handbook" but i had not enough spare time to
get me working on it.

Maybe it's an good idea to get in touch with the maintainer of the Glest
FreeBSD Port?

If someone like RTS games, try it. It's fun :-)

Meet the MegaGlest community on irc channel #glest on freenode or visit the
forums: http://glest.org/glest_board/index.php?board=20.0

kind regards
Sven Moeller