[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] MegaGlest3.3.7.2-PV01.pbi

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Nov 4 05:54:37 PDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:52:45AM +0100, Sven Moeller wrote:
> Hi,
> i've build a PBI Package of the RTS game Mega Glest for PCBSD 8.1 AMD64
> (NVIDIA Grapics Adapter).
> Attached you'll find the lib/ directory of the PBI.
> The PBI it's selfs can be downloaded here(~273 MB):
> http://nichthelfer.de:8083/MegaGlest3.3.7.2-PV01.pbi
> The game uses OpenGL Hardware acceleration.
> I've deleted *nvidia* from the lib/ dir because i think it's better to use the
> system wide installed ones.
> Here you'll find a short HowTo build MegaGlest on FreeBSD:
> http://glest.wikia.com/wiki/MG/FreeBSD_Compiling
> Also attached you'll find custom PBI Scripts.
> I didn't set an update URL for the PBI yet, but i could use the above URL for
> download.
> Is it possible that someone build the 32Bit Version?
> Please test it. Any feedback is appreciate.
> Thx & kind regards
> Sven Moeller

Is MegaGlest different than regular Glest? We already have a PBI for Glest
available, but if this is a fork / new program then perhaps we can get somebody
to make a FreeBSD port of it. If we can get that done, then building both
32bit & 64bit modules is a snap, and they get updated automatically whenever
the port does.

PS, please don't attach large files, a link will suffice :)