[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI Module to test

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jun 7 05:26:34 PDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 13:37, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Today I tried to make my first PBI module, based on the FreeBSD Ports
> collection. I'm testing the waters with a small app, figure it'll be
> easier that way.
>
> Would someone here be willing to test my module to make sure I've done
> this correctly? It seems to work okay on my machine, but I'm a complete
> novice at this. (Module is attached.) The module should build a classic
> arcade game called Sopwith, where the player flies around fighting
> AI-controlled planes and shoots at buildings.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.
>
> - Jesse

Tested the module out here. Seems to build / run just fine!

My comments would be thus:

Rename kmenu-dir/0mymenu -> kmenu-dir/sopwith

In kmenu-dir/sopwith, fix a few things:

Add an icon to ExeIcon: sopwith.png (Then put some sopwith.png into
overlay-dir)

Change ExeNoDesktop: 1 -> 0

In pbi.conf, set PROGICON="" -> PROGICON="sopwith.png" to use the new
sopwith.png you added.

That's it! One those things are done, this would pretty much be a
textbook module :)

If you want to make those changes a re-submit, we'll get it committed to
our SVN repo, and it'll build automatically for all PC-BSD versions.

Great job Jesse!