[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Graphical Ports Manager

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 13 14:08:00 PDT 2010

On 07/12/2010 15:03, Jesse Smith wrote:
> The idea of a graphical front end to the Ports system was mentioned on the forum. Following up on that, I tried the DesktopBSD-tools package and found that it's pretty close to what I was looking for. I think it makes a nice compliment to the PC-BSD Software Manager.
>
> (I hope that's not cross-os blasphemy.)
>
> At any rate, I've put together a PBI module for the -tools package. Most of the items in the Port already have equivalents in PC-BSD/KDE4, so I only made an icon for the package manager. Everything else seemed unneeded.
>
> I had to add a Setup script in the overlay-dir, which creates a file required for the package manager to function on PC-BSD.
>
> Everything seems to work okay on my machine, but I'm open to suggestions. Especially concerning the extra binaries in the port.
>
> - Jesse

The extra binaries aren't really needed, so you can remove them in the
"build.sh" script, but they really don't hurt anything to keep.

I've tested this here and committed it, works just fine.

BTW, in overlay-dir, you don't need to create bin/ and put files in
there, the pbi-builder does that stuff automatically, and its
unnecessary in the module to include them.