[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] How to build PBI modules that require "updated" jdk?

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 17:30:41 PST 2010

Hi -

I was trying to build pbi module for editors/omegaT, which requires
java to build and run. As previously advised by Kris I added the
preportmake.sh which is supposed to solve jdk and license problems
automatically. Then it ended up with an error saying that I needed to
download and install java manually.

I notice that one of the jdk files "tzupdater.zip" in the javapack
from pcbsd server (ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/autobuildpkgs/javapack.tbz)
appears outdated in comparison with that available on Oracle's website
(tzupdater-1_3_29-2010f.zip cf tzupdater-1_3_34-2010o.zip). I am
suspecting that it is something like this that is causing the issue.
Perhaps other files in pcbsd's javapack are also outdated.

Is it feasible to get the pcbsd autobuild server update javapack as
soon as new updates are available from Oracle?

Regards,
Sam