[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New PBI module (deskutils/ganttproject) and afterthought

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 16:52:44 PDT 2010

Hi PBIian,

Attached is a tarball of deskutils/ganttproject module to be uploaded.

I'm currently building another java-dependent application print/jabref
and one question comes to my mind. deskutils/ganttproject itself is a
java-dependent software too and to build it I applied a preportmake.sh
which fetches and install javapack as per Kris' advice. This also
means that I already have a copy of javapack.tbz (over 400 MB!). I
notice that when I build print/jabref it just fetch javapack.pbz
again, which is a big waste of time and bandwidth cost. Perhaps this
preportmake.sh is only good for those systems that haven't had
javapack or that build only one java-dependent pbi, but for those
machines that have handled javapack before this turns out to be rather
inefficient.

Presumably the PBI server already has javapack installed so as to
build other java-dependent PBI, so I am wondering if there is anyway
we can reuse the single copy of javapack on the same system to build
multiple java-dependent PBI?

Regards,
Sam