[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Pbi-dev Digest, Vol 41, Issue 16

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Aug 26 05:12:28 PDT 2010

  Sam,
When writing a program or script in shell, any line that begins with a #
is a comment line that the computer ignores. (Except the #!/bin/bash
line at the top which tells the computer to run the script in a shell)
If the entire file only contains comments (like some of the template
files that were not modified), go ahead and delete the file because the
computer is going to ignore it anyway. That is what I meant by an
"unused" file.

For an example, just take a look at any of the files within the
overlay-directory in the module you sent in (except the icon of course
:-) All of those files only contained comments at the top of the file
and as such were unnecessary.

I hope this clear things up!

~Ken Moore