[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Nessus PBI

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Sun Aug 22 05:51:57 PDT 2010

On Sat 21/08/10 10:32 AM , Dru Lavigne <drulavigne at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> There is a PBI on the server, but it is failing its build test.
> Build log is here:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/8/security/nessus/
>
> The original request suggested that building nessus-plugins instead
> should suck in all of the needed dependencies.

I need to investigate further, but here's the actual error from the log file if anybody knows what this is about :)

creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

If you installed an older version of Nessus in the past you should run
./uninstall-nessus as root first.
This script will remove the old libraries and binaries left by the older
version but will keep your configuration untouched
===>  Building for nessus-libraries-2.2.9_1
Creating nessus-config ...
cd libpcap-nessus && make
libtool cc -pipe -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -O2 -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-alias
ing -I.  -I../../include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DNESSUS_ON_SSL   -DHAVE_SYS_IOCCOM_H=
1 -DHAVE_SYS_SOCKIO_H=1 -DHAVE_ETHER_HOSTTON=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -DHAVE_SOCKADDR
_SA_LEN=1 -I. -DHAVE_SSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/ports/security/nessus-lib
raries/work/nessus-libraries/include -I/usr/ports/security/nessus-libraries/work
/nessus-libraries/libpcap-nessus -c ./pcap-bpf.c
libtool: error: you must specify a MODE.
*** Error code 1

> What is the current process for PBIs that fail to build? Should these
> be added to the PBI request forum with a note that they are a work in
> progress? Currently the following are failing their builds on 8.x:
>
> security/nessus
> multimedia/bmpx (32 bit only)
>
> java/eclipse
>
> ftp/wxdfast (32 bit only)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

We could add these to the forum if you like, I'll try to fix them here this next week though, so hopefully they'll be in the tree soon.

PC-BSD / iXsystems
Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/