[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Update on Amarok and logwatch

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Sun Aug 22 05:48:10 PDT 2010

On Sat 21/08/10  2:38 PM , Jesse Smith <jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I installed the latest version of Amarok (2.3.1) from FreeBSD Ports
> and
> it works okay. I think this indicates there is something going wrong
> with the way the PBI is building. Maybe the module isn't pulling in
> the
> codecs it needs?

I'm messing with that one here, it looks like its missing the phonon parts it needs for multimedia playback or something...

> In other PBI news, I tried building a PBI module for logwatch. It
> builds
> okay, but installing from the PBI doesn't work out so well. It looks
> like logwatch is having trouble dealing with not being in /usr/local.
> I'm getting error messages from logwatch saying it can't run because
> it
> can't find the directory "/programs/logwatch/var/logwatch" on line
> 751.
> Note the "p" in /Programs is lower-case in the error message. So I
> think
> it's not respecting a Makefile setting, such as prefix or localbase,
> but
> I'm not well versed enough to say for sure. Suggestions?
> - Jesse

That is interesting, not sure why it would get switched to lower. Do you have a module you can send me? I'll be happy to test it out, see if the port itself is broken in respecting localbase.

PC-BSD / iXsystems
Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/