[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Update on Amarok and logwatch

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 21 10:38:57 PDT 2010

I installed the latest version of Amarok (2.3.1) from FreeBSD Ports and
it works okay. I think this indicates there is something going wrong
with the way the PBI is building. Maybe the module isn't pulling in the
codecs it needs?

In other PBI news, I tried building a PBI module for logwatch. It builds
okay, but installing from the PBI doesn't work out so well. It looks
like logwatch is having trouble dealing with not being in /usr/local.
I'm getting error messages from logwatch saying it can't run because it
can't find the directory "/programs/logwatch/var/logwatch" on line 751.

Note the "p" in /Programs is lower-case in the error message. So I think
it's not respecting a Makefile setting, such as prefix or localbase, but
I'm not well versed enough to say for sure. Suggestions?

- Jesse