[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] FYI: Custom PREFIX run on QATty

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 30 08:31:34 PDT 2009

On Sat, 30 May 2009 06:51:13 -0700 (PDT)
kris at pcbsd.org wrote:

> > FYI, I'm doing a custom PREFIX=LOCALBASE=X11BASE (and pristine env
> > in rest) run for the whole tree on QATty (which is the second QA
> > Tinderbox I'm running). The build is done with PT from 2009-05-28
> > 18:03:14; I'll be probably updating it after each category is built.

 [ .. ]

> Please add me to the list of failures, since this is something we
> will run into making PBIs.

Done.

> Also, do you have some way of running a post-installation check on
> each package?

Nothing right now.

> The biggest problem I find is that a port installs properly into a
> custom LOCALBASE,

You mean custom PREFIX, no?

BTW, for PBI builds, you set both PREFIX and LOCALBASE to point to the
same build dirs, no?

> but then when you go to run the program, a lot of the support files
> may still have "/usr/local" within them. Such as the recent Cmake fix
> I committed. Can you setup some kind of script which parses all
> text-files for "/usr/local" and reports any found instances? Even
> some python scripts will still have #!/usr/local/bin/python at the
> top :P

I *could* setup something, but maybe it would be better to finish the
current run? I'm afraid it would add very much to each port's
precessing time.
If you have an idea of a script for this, send it over and I'll try it.
An other way which might help you is to get all the packages from QATty
and do the check yourself.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B