[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Xsane and Gimp again

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue May 26 11:51:25 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> I think I understand why Xsane with Gimp support wanted to install so much that seemed unrelated.
>
> It needed a bunch of stuff from Gnome that I already have but it could not see because it's isolated in PCBSD.  If you were compiling this port within PCBSD it wouldn't have needed all that extra stuff.
>
> It took all night to compile all the stuff it needed, but finally it works.  Pity there's no switch for building ports but using packages for dependencies when able, like you can with portupgrade.  Or is there one I don't know about?
>
> Xsane/Gimp is begging for a PBI!

You can actually switch to compiling within the /PCBSD/local LOCALBASE
rather easily :)

# /PCBSD/Scripts/changeportdb.sh

Then you have to make sure you uncomment the values in /etc/make.conf
setting LOCALBASE to /PCBSD/local

I'll check into an XSane/Gimp PBI though. I may be able to get one
quickly created :)

http://www.pcbsd.com