[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Xsane and Gimp again

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 06:16:09 PDT 2009

I think I understand why Xsane with Gimp support wanted to install so much that seemed unrelated.

It needed a bunch of stuff from Gnome that I already have but it could not see because it's isolated in PCBSD.  If you were compiling this port within PCBSD it wouldn't have needed all that extra stuff.

It took all night to compile all the stuff it needed, but finally it works.  Pity there's no switch for building ports but using packages for dependencies when able, like you can with portupgrade.  Or is there one I don't know about?

Xsane/Gimp is begging for a PBI!