[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Xsane and Gimp

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 13:56:31 PDT 2009

Awhile back I wrote a Tips & Tricks article on installing an image scanner with Xsane and as a plug-in to Gimp.  This would make a good PBI.  Xsane is the better of all the scanner programs I found for KDE.

I recently added Gimp via PBI and tried to install Xsane as a Gimp plugin - modified the symlink to:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/xsane i { white-space: pre-wrap; }

/Programs/Gimp2.6.6_0/libexec/gimp/2.2/plug-ins/
This was following the advice here, even thought it's a little out of date.
I had this working before in V1.5.1/KDE3 and installed Gimp from ports, but now it's not working.  Xsane works ok by itself, but Gimp can't see it as a plugin.  I tried to flush the Gimp plugin cache by: touch /usr/local/bin/xsane but not sure if it worked.  There is supposed to be a plugin cache file named pluginrc, but I couldn't find it.
Maybe you can see my mistake and make a PBI too.
Tnx, Jeff