[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI for Wacom tablets and tablet PCs

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 10:01:33 PDT 2009

if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") {
 var YAHOO = {};
}
YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];
YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "PBI for Wacom tablets and tablet PCs";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "dejamuse at yahoo.com";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {
"lw_1241542841_0": {
"text": "graphics tablet",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 137,
"endchar": 151,
"start": 137,
"end": 151,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.684725,
"relScore": 17.8591,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "Graphics_tablet",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "I have a Wacom Intuos2 graphics tablet and installed the drivers for it via ports using this",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_1": {
"text": "this port",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 294,
"endchar": 302,
"start": 294,
"end": 302,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "tablet and installed the drivers for it via ports using this port.  I believe it also supports the Wacom guts of the",
"metaData": {
"linkHref": "http://www.freshports.org/x11-drivers/input-wacom/",
"linkProtocol": "http",
"linkRel": "nofollow",
"linkTarget": "_blank",
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_2": {
"text": "Toshiba tablet PCs",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 364,
"endchar": 381,
"start": 364,
"end": 381,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.552603,
"relScore": 7.43137,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "I believe it also supports the Wacom guts of the Toshiba tablet PCs and possibly others.  Most useful in drawing and graphics packages",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_3": {
"text": "graphics packages",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 438,
"endchar": 454,
"start": 438,
"end": 454,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.544921,
"relScore": 4.92157,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "tablet PCs and possibly others.  Most useful in drawing and graphics packages like Gimp.  I had compilation errors installing from ports so",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_4": {
"text": "compilation errors",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 480,
"endchar": 497,
"start": 480,
"end": 497,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.420818,
"relScore": 5.6777,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "useful in drawing and graphics packages like Gimp.  I had compilation errors installing from ports so just did the package and it",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_5": {
"text": "command line configuration",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 686,
"endchar": 711,
"start": 686,
"end": 711,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.245917,
"relScore": 6.57721,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "as  wacomcpl-exec which is a GUI front end to the command line configuration utility, xsetwacom.  I didn\u0027t spend a whole lot of time",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_6": {
"text": "here",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 908,
"endchar": 911,
"start": 908,
"end": 911,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "time trying to figure it out though.  Project home is here.  Maybe not an especially popular PBI, but there seems to",
"metaData": {
"linkHref": "http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/",
"linkProtocol": "http",
"linkRel": "nofollow",
"linkTarget": "_blank",
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_7": {
"text": "Linux",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 1018,
"endchar": 1022,
"start": 1018,
"end": 1022,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.219498,
"relScore": 5.13235,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/tag/news/thing"],
"category": ["NEWS"],
"wikiId": "Linux",
"relatedWikiIds": ["Apple_Inc.", "Asus", "Bill_Gates", "Microsoft", "Red_Hat", "Solaris_%28operating_system%29", "Ubuntu_%28Linux_distribution%29", "Unix", "Windows_Vista", "Windows_XP"],
"relatedEntities": ["iphone", "linux operating system", "mac os x", "macbook air", "microsoft", "nokia", "os x", "ubuntu", "unix", "windows xp"],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "there seems to be a fair amount of interest amongst Linux and Ubuntu people about this.  I have heard of people",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 },
"lw_1241542841_8": {
"text": "tablet PCs",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 1092,
"endchar": 1101,
"start": 1092,
"end": 1101,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 0.275611,
"relScore": 8.87623,
"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],
"category": ["CONCEPT"],
"wikiId": "Tablet_PC",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "Ubuntu people about this.  I have heard of people getting tablet PCs to work with Ubuntu using these drivers.  ...Jeff",
"metaData": {
"visible": "false"
}
 }
};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "7ef1cc3e9aafb2e621e2cf021346f314";

I have a Wacom Intuos2 graphics tablet and installed the drivers for it via ports using this port.  I believe it also supports the Wacom guts of the Toshiba tablet PCs and possibly others.

Most useful in drawing and graphics packages like Gimp.

I had compilation errors
installing from ports so just did the package and it worked.  However
the install seems to be missing a useful component known as
wacomcpl-exec which is a GUI front end to the command line configuration utility, xsetwacom.  I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out though.  Project home is here.

Maybe not an especially popular PBI, but there seems to be a fair amount of interest amongst Linux and Ubuntu people about