[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] /www/sams/ PBI

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Mon May 4 05:52:27 PDT 2009

anybody wants to try to do a PBI of /www/sams/

it requires apache or it will install a new version... I am wondering how this would work on a machine that has apache already installed.  I don't think that this can run in a jail as it is a proxy server with a web interface (uses squid)

the PBI should recognize if apache is already installed, and if it is, it should not start a new server but just modify the current httpd.conf, and should do the check if apache is installed at each start, if not installed, uses its own apache with its own setup.

I am going to contact them to see if they are willing to use a class that I built in PHP to avoid to have to install apache for services like this one, but until then I believe that this is the only good way to go.

anybody interested in doing this PBI ?

Fabry