[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Benchmark Testing

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 21:10:24 PDT 2009

I tried Geekbench to benchmark my new i7 920 Intel box first using 32 bit OS and was disappointed with the results, compared to other i7 reports with other OSs.  Then tried to do the same with 64 bit PCBSD but found the port was not found here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-7-stable/Latest/geekbench.tbz

That got me wondering just how many ports/packages won't run in 64 bit FBSD.  Any rough idea?

I thought this would make a good benchmark PBI as it's cross platform.

There are others in ports.  Would be good to find one that is more comprehensive, testing the disk I/O too.

...Jeff