[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat changes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jan 27 08:52:03 PST 2009

Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2009 09:35:55 Silver Salonen wrote:

> without

> for
> new
>>> Any other directories / files, that a binary like bacula-bat may need,
>>> can be kept in the programs directory. It doesn't really need to leave
>>> there, since its compiled with LOCALBASE=/Programs/BaculaBat<Ver>
>>>
>>> In other words, if you just include etc/ or share/pixmaps within it, the
>>> binary should know to "look" in that directory for its supplemental files.
>> Yes, but I'm not speaking about binaries needed by Bat, but rather other
> files
>> (pixmaps and sample config) needed by user. And to assume that a user should
>> keep track on file locations based on what programs may be (automatically)
>> upgraded, is a bit unfriendly towards user. So these files should be
> somewhere
>> not dependent on program's version.
>
> So, any further thoughts on these folders?

I'm not sure I think that these files need to be installed in a 3rd
party location. All the other programs I've built, when the binary is
compiled, it understands to look in /Programs/<name>/share/pixmaps or
icons/ properly, since the binary was compiled with those options. Are
you anticipating a case where the user wants to add files manually to
the programs tree? Shouldn't those be going in the users home dir, such
as in .bacula-bat

Anyway, thats my take on it, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.
Maybe provide me an example where you would need to place pixmaps or
sample configs in 3rd party locations.

http://www.pcbsd.com