[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat changes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jan 20 09:22:55 PST 2009

Silver Salonen wrote:

>> We're in the process of moving all PBI related install files out of
>> /usr/local if possible, and instead into /Programs/
>>
>> This is being done ahead of PC-BSD 7.1, in which /usr/local will ship
>> empty, and the user will be able to install their own ports tree without
>> it conflicting with PC-BSD related ports / PBIs. (The PC-BSD install
>> will be done in /PCBSD/local now)
>>
>> In the case of your man pages, since /Programs/bin is in the users PATH
>> variable, then you should be able to just do a mkdir /Programs/man (if
>> it doesn't exist, it will on 7.1 by default), and install any man pages
>> into there. This will keep things nice and tidy for the user :)
>
> Thanks for clearing that up.
> What about pixmaps and sample config (ie. etc/)? Will there be folders for
> these too? If so, we could change BaculaBat to install/link things in new
> places, couldn't we?

Any other directories / files, that a binary like bacula-bat may need,
can be kept in the programs directory. It doesn't really need to leave
there, since its compiled with LOCALBASE=/Programs/BaculaBat<Ver>

In other words, if you just include etc/ or share/pixmaps within it, the
binary should know to "look" in that directory for its supplemental files.

>>> 2) copy-files - you changed: /usr/local/sbin/bat -> "/usr/local/sbin/b*
> bin/"
>>> and "/usr/local/sbin/*bacula* bin/". I guess you wanted to make PBI more
>>> universal by that (in case anything is changed in Bacula Bat package or
> smth),
>>> but point is that my scripts used for launching Bat are dependent on "bat"
>>> binary anyway, so there has to be some intervention in case binary change
>>> anyway. So.. is this really needed?
>> This may have not been needed, I was just trying to ensure that all bat
>> / bacula files got copied over, but you can feel free to modify those as
>> you see fit to clean them up further :)
>
> OK, I just like to be very optimal, ie. to install only things that are sure
> to be needed. I think I'd change it back..

Sounds good :)

http://www.pcbsd.com