[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat changes

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:57:03 PST 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 22:30:37 Kris Moore wrote:
> Silver Salonen wrote:
> > On Monday 19 January 2009 21:52:47 Kris Moore wrote:
> >> Great! Glad to hear it. let me know if you run across other PBI's which
> >> have this issue. Also, did you see I made some mods to bacula-bat PBI?
> >> It includes the kmdr-executor binary now, so you don't need to ask the
> >> user to install it.
> >
> > Oh, no, I didn't know that. But it sounds just great! To my mind including
> > kmdr-executor was so much trouble that I had lost all hope to do it. I'll
> > check SVN and test it then :)
> >

> Great! I've got a new version of the PBI builder which the changes
> require, you can grab it here:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbi-builder/pbibuild-x86-pcbsd7-2.0.tbz
>
> You'll need to install it first, before re-building the module as it
> sits in SVN.
>
> Basically, what it changes, is that ports are compiled with a custom
> LOCALBASE set to /Programs/<PBIName> + <PBI Ver>
>
> This means you can include binaries / libs which may have caused compat
> problems with the desktop previously, such as kmdr-executor, since it
> will look in /Programs/<dir> for its internal data files now.
>
> This pbi builder is pretty stable, I plan on releasing it in the next
> week or so, just still putting it through the paces internally here :)

Hello.

I thought I'd create a separate thread for that ;)

A few questions about your changes not concerning including kmdr-executor.

1) PBI.SetupScript.sh and PBI.RemoveScript.sh - I see you deleted parts which
I used to put man, conf and pixmaps under /usr/local. The question is why.. My
point in doing that was that locations of these files remain the same (ie. get
updated too) when PBI is updated. Ie. I've put BaculaBat on my desktop, but
when PBI is upgraded, location of pixmaps is changed, so I have to go and grab
the icon from new location.
Also, currently I can't see "man bat", because manual page is not installed -
wasn't this a requirement for PBIs? Even if it's not a requirement, why not to
do it?

2) copy-files - you changed: /usr/local/sbin/bat -> "/usr/local/sbin/b* bin/"
and "/usr/local/sbin/*bacula* bin/". I guess you wanted to make PBI more
universal by that (in case anything is changed in Bacula Bat package or smth),
but point is that my scripts used for launching Bat are dependent on "bat"
binary anyway, so there has to be some intervention in case binary change
anyway. So.. is this really needed?

--
Silver