[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Fixed FF

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jan 19 12:30:37 PST 2009

Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 21:52:47 Kris Moore wrote:
>> Silver Salonen wrote:
>>> This version starts OK. Thanks :)
>> Great! Glad to hear it. let me know if you run across other PBI's which
>> have this issue. Also, did you see I made some mods to bacula-bat PBI?
>> It includes the kmdr-executor binary now, so you don't need to ask the
>> user to install it.
> Oh, no, I didn't know that. But it sounds just great! To my mind including
> kmdr-executor was so much trouble that I had lost all hope to do it. I'll
> check SVN and test it then :)

Great! I've got a new version of the PBI builder which the changes
require, you can grab it here:

You'll need to install it first, before re-building the module as it
sits in SVN.

Basically, what it changes, is that ports are compiled with a custom
LOCALBASE set to /Programs/<PBIName> + <PBI Ver>

This means you can include binaries / libs which may have caused compat
problems with the desktop previously, such as kmdr-executor, since it
will look in /Programs/<dir> for its internal data files now.

This pbi builder is pretty stable, I plan on releasing it in the next
week or so, just still putting it through the paces internally here :)