[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] locale not suported by C library

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Fri Feb 27 08:17:36 PST 2009

when I start thunderbird I get the time in 24h format and not 12h.

I then tried to figure out the issue and when I manually start thunderbird I
receive this error:

        Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

if I run a "locale" I get that all the variable are set to "C".  if I modify
the system setting (they are already at en_US) and confirm them, nothing
happens, I even tried to convert in Italian and back to en_US... but
nothing.

I also try to add
    export LC_TIME=en_US    #or en_US.utf8
or
    export LC_LANG=en_US    #or en_US.utf8
or
    export LANG=en_US    #or en_US.utf8

and even tried to make a symlink in /PCBSD/local/share/compat/locale from
en_US.UTF-8 to en_US.. but still nothing...

anybody here was able to see the time in 12h (AM/PM).  I have the same
problem with 1.5, 7.0.x, and 7.1a2

Fabry

Fabrizio Parrella
IT Manager
The Queensboro Shirt Company

1400 Marstellar St, Wilmington, NC 28401
(910) 251-1251 x230
FAX: (910) 251-7771
http://www.queensboro.com