[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat changes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Feb 5 18:43:27 PST 2009

Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 12:37:19 Silver Salonen wrote:

> ship

>> PATH
> (if
>> pages
> folders

> the
>> files.
> other
>> should
>> (automatically)
>>>>
>>> I'm not sure I think that these files need to be installed in a 3rd
>>> party location. All the other programs I've built, when the binary is
>>> compiled, it understands to look in /Programs/<name>/share/pixmaps or
>>> icons/ properly, since the binary was compiled with those options. Are
>>> you anticipating a case where the user wants to add files manually to
>>> the programs tree? Shouldn't those be going in the users home dir, such
>>> as in .bacula-bat
>>>
>>> Anyway, thats my take on it, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.
>>> Maybe provide me an example where you would need to place pixmaps or
>>> sample configs in 3rd party locations.
>> An example: creating a launcher and assigning the icon to it. If the icon is
>> added to panel from KDE menu, does it change when KDE menu's item gets
>> updated?
>>
>> And if binaries (also needed only by users, not by programs themselves) are
>> put into /Programs/bin/, why not to put other needed stuff (eg. pixmaps)
> into
>> other subfolders under /Programs?
>>
>> --
>> Silver

> --
> Silver

Sorry for the delay, out of town, working on 7.1, etc :P

You could put other things into subfolders under /Programs, I actually
have a /Programs/fonts, /Programs/rc.d and /Programs/bin right now. What
other folders would you like setup? As for your example, if your program
uses a custom icon for a mime-type, the PBI installer already manages
getting that setup in the KDE configuration and such, normally you don't
need to do any extra file manipulation to get that working.