[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] qBittorrent v1.3.1 PBI Posting

Adam Hopstetter ahopstetter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:30:48 PST 2009

Kris Moore wrote:
> Adam Hopstetter wrote:
>> Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:

>>> Please fill a PR with the update in question; if the maintainers don't
>>> respond in a timely manner it will be committed via maintainer timeout.
>>>
>>> Please drop linimon at freebsd.org an email describing your efforts to
>>> contact the maintainers, update the port, etc. He's the one from
>>> portmngr@ that handles this king of issues.
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>>

>> All,
>>
>>        Been doing research on this issue as it relates to the
>> qbittorrent and rblibtorrent ports and have encountered a few
>> potential hangups.
>>
>>        First of all, please forgive me for being a "newbie" at
>> interacting with the FreeBSD/PC-BSD dev groups (not a newbie at c/c++
>> ;)   )... I've simply never have participated till now. That said,
>> I've taken much from our beloved FreeBSD open-OS and now want to give
>> back and absolutely love what PC-BSD is aimed at accomplishing.
>>
>>        Now ... all that said ... the last thing I want to do is waste
>> anyones time (especially yours) ... so please, would everyone bear
>> with a probably too-long message here and give me insight as to how I
>> should proceed!
>>
>>        First to address Ion-Mihai ... I received your mail regarding
>> submiting an e-mail to linimon at freebsd.org. Appreciate it!
>>        However, sorry "newbie" here  ... PR = "Patch Request" ??? If
>> So (or whatever you mean) ... is there some official document I can
>> obtain or format I'm to follow???
>>        Further, apparently, my old e-mail provider was having issues
>> when I attempted to contact the port maintainers previously (found
>> this out by other known contacts not receiving my e-mails .... now
>> I'm solid on GMAIL ... that said ... I'm copying the port maintainers
>> on this e-mail ... and for their benefit  this e-mail regards
>> upgrading the net-p2p/qbittorrent port to the latest v1.3.1 release).
>>

>>        Now to the business of the ports themselves ... after
>> researching ... there appear to be 3 ports that rely on
>> net-p2p/rblibtorrent ... net-p2p/hrktorrent, net-p2p/sharktorrent and
>> net-p2p/qbittorrent. Apparrently if we upgrade rblibtorrent to
>> version 0.14.1 (required for the new qbittorrent 1.3.1) it will
>> definately break sharktorrent and possibly break hrktorrent (at least
>> in my testing).
>>
>>        -- sharktorrent -- Definately breaks with
>> '/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: sharktorrent: Undefined symbol
>> "_ZN10libtorrent7sessionC1ERKNS_11fingerprintE"'
>>
>>        -- hrktorrent - Appears to function properly (but appearances
>> are deceiving) ... but during the make process for core.cpp ... it
>> complains with the following messages ...
>>              core.cpp: In member function 'int CCore::Run()':
>>             core.cpp:246: warning: '__comp_ctor ' is deprecated
>> (declared at /usr/local/include/libtorrent/torrent_info.hpp:132)
>>             core.cpp:253: warning: 'add_torrent' is deprecated
>> (declared at /usr/local/include/libtorrent/session.hpp:202)
> [...]

Kris,
    Hi & thanks for the reply ... suppose we will wait a little bit to
hear from the port maintainers and/or ion-mihia regarding this issue.

    Off topic ... but ... in the mean time would there by any ports I
could get my feet wet with pbibuilder ? ... was thinking of possibly the
net/vnc. Is a GUI program with a simplistic port and is a suitable
alternative to the built-in KDE Remote Desktop Client (and quite
possibly some users may be searching  for "vnc" on pbidir, unaware of
KDE-RDC). Please let me know what ya think (or if I should re-post in
pbidir ... new thread).

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Adam Hopstetter