[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] x64 server with x86 thin clients?

Chen Zhao chen at metcomm.net
Tue Apr 21 02:25:26 PDT 2009

Is there a facility for setting up an x86 thin client boot environment
while running a 64bit server?  Obviously most thin client hardware are
only 32bit capable, but we would want the server to have more ram than
32bit hardware can address.

What is the easiest way to do this?  I'm not clear if the boot
environment is copied from the existing host system or installed from
the pbi.  If everything is contained in the pbi, is it as simple as
installing the 32bit pbi on a 64bit server?  Tried that and nothing
seems to happen.  No error message for any install failure either.  I'm
guessing that's due to the architecture mismatch.

Also, where can I get the latest 0.9 builds from?  pbibuild.pcbsd.org
doesn't seem to list any version, unless I'm just not seeing it on the
page.