[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] opera be busted

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Tue May 13 06:52:23 PDT 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008, Kris Moore spaketh thusly:

-}Did you install Opera via ports at some point? Do this to fix this up:

Nope.  I haven't installed opera with ports since the fbsd 5.x daze.  ;>  I
embarked upon that journey only once.  Building everything to work with java
and flash was certainly not something I relish doing often(which is one of the
reason I love pcbsd).

-}# rm -rf /usr/local/share/opera
-}# rm /usr/local/bin/opera
-}*Uninstall the PBI*
-}*Reinstall the PBI*
-}Now you should see this:
-}# ls -al /usr/local/share/opera
-}lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  31 Apr  7 13:43 /usr/local/share/opera ->
-}Does it work?

That did the trick.  Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank
you!  Opera is back up and running.  Thank you heaps and loads!

 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Love with your heart, think with your head;  not the other way around.