[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Ynt: Re: Maybe a Bug?

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Fri Mar 28 02:26:21 PST 2008

Ok, so I'm not able to reproduce the failure to remove /Progams/<folder>
paths, I tested by removing Wormux and GKrellm at the same time.

I did however reproduce Ferid's issue where the UI didn't correctly update.
What was actually happening was that the PBM was failing to write to the
ProgList file properly in certain cases (leaving items there that shouldn't
be). This issue has been fixed in trunk at r1662, and the 1.5 branch at
r1663.

Cheers,

Tim

On Friday 28 March 2008 08:51:13 Ferid Cafer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kris Moore, when I removed more than one PBI at a time, all the
> programs were removed both from start menu and from /usr/programs/
> folder. However from the control panel (add/remove sw panel), only
> one of them were removed and others seemed not to be removed. It
> is just a vision. Actually all of them are removed completely. So,
> I think the problem may me in add/remove software panel (visually
> it does not eliminate all the uninstalled ones) instead of
> programs or pbi system.
> I made this experiment more than once and the result was the same.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ferid
>
> ------
>
> Tim,
>
> I've noticed this same problem here, if I try to remove more than
> one
> PBI at a time, the /Programs/<folder> doesn't get removed.. Can
> you take
> a peek at this?
>
> --
> Kris Moore
>
> Marcel Klinz [PC-BSD.de] wrote:
> > when i want to desintall smartision and wxdownloadfast the
> > /programs/%programfolder% will not remove.
> >
> > cheers
> > marcel

Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer