[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat PBI

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 03:24:23 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 10:31, Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2008 21:02, Kris Moore wrote:
> > Silver Salonen wrote:
> > After looking into it, I think you are right, kmdr-executor is really
> > supposed to be apart of the base system, since its so "kde" integrated.
> > I think the way you have your PBI right now is fine then, you can just
> > let the user know that they need kmdr-executor for the GUI. (BTW, you
> > may want to mention in that dialog that kmdr-executor is available via
> > the Add / Remove Programs tool, under "components", its just an optional
> > feature of PC-BSD)
>
> Do you mean the "Software Development Kit"? Or should I suggest installing
the
> kdewebdeb package?

I suggested both "Software Development Kit" and kdewebdev package.

> > FYI, Gonzalo has made some nice images for your PBI:
> >
> > http://www.pcbsd.org/~gonzalo/PBIs/images/bacula/header.png
> > http://www.pcbsd.org/~gonzalo/PBIs/images/bacula/leftside.png
> >
> > Just throw those into the directory, and rebuild and it'll look great!
>
> Yup, he told me that. They're neat :)
>
> > Also, about the PBI Builder, if you want, I'll be happy to help you
> > convert what you have into a module for building. It's really not that
> > difficult, you may want to look at it yourself though, since its pretty
> > easy to make new PBIs that way :)
>
> I'll take a look at it and try to create the package with all the suggested
> improvements :)

I've now created the build module, so what should I do with it now? :)

Note: the module did not compile - the build got stuck after installing and
registering qmake-3.3.8 (saying that "clean" is an unknown target to make),
which is actually quite weird, because it should use qmake4 (as
USE_QT_VER=4). I'll try it once again though.. Or should I chroot
to /pbi-build before trying to build the module?

--
Silver