[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat PBI

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:52:11 PDT 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008 16:26, Kris Moore wrote:
> Silver Salonen wrote:
> > So could anyone take a look at this and give me some feedback about what
the
> > PBI lacks etc?
>
> The only thing I saw was the problem with kmd-executor not being
> present. But maybe we can fix that?

That would be very cool. But what if the kmdr-executor with all the libraries
would be bigger than Bat itself? Should it be provided as a separate package
then?

> > About Kris' question about integration of kmdr-executor into the PBI -
when I
> > created the Kommander script, I did try first including kmdr-executor and
> > then creating Kommander PBI too, but it was quite a tough task as
> > kmdr-executor is dependent on different KDE libraries and environment
> > variables etc. Or maybe I was just too incompetent. More about the issue
> > here: http://mail.kdewebdev.org/pipermail/kommander/2008-March/001678.html
>
> How did you build this PBI, did you use the GUI creator, or the PBI
> Builder software?

I used PBI Creator for that. Would PBI Builder be more suitable for that?

> I could probably help take a look at this one, and help you figure out
> why kmdr-executor isn't working. Its probably going to be some library
> trickery like you said :)

Did you read more messages of the Kommander mailing-list thread I sent? If I
remember correctly, the problem was that the libraries included in PBI may
not be compatible with the rest of the KDE and including all the possibly
incompatible libraries would make the package enormous. But what I did was
just to create PBI based on kmdr-executor binary only. Then, when trying to
use it on an older KDE, it just didn't work: "can't load kommander plugin
library libkommanderwidgets" - the library was dynamically added into the PBI
though. I tried messing with KDE paths a bit, but well..

--
Silver