[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] bacula-bat pbibuild

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:21:32 PDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 16:54, Kris Moore wrote:
> Silver Salonen wrote:
> > OK, thanks. But another question - bacula-bat port is dependent on
> > bacula-server port and version updates come directly from there with
> > MASTERDIR etc. The latter port was updated on 29th of July to version
2.4.2,
> > but bacula-bat wasn't rebuilt after that (because the port didn't change).
So
> > do I have to manually update the build-key to get it rebuilt every time
> > bacula-server's version is updated or can I make it to track
bacula-server's
> > version somehow?
>

> The way it works, the port you specify in pbi.conf:
>
> PBIPORT="/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-bat"
>
> Is the one which is monitored for updates, and triggers a rebuild. If
> you wanted to, you could change the port to
> /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server to follow the server updates, then
> setup pbi.conf and add OTHERPORTS like this:
>
> OTHERPORT="/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-bat"
>
> This will "track" bacula-server port, and rebuild when it is updated.
> Take a look at the "pidgin" module to see how I did this in there, it
> really is tracking libpurple, not pidgin itself.
>
> Also, I noticed that in the Makefile for bacula-bat, there is no version
> number indicated. This is why the PBI is showing up as
> BaculaBat-PV0.pbi, instead of BaculaBat<version>-PV0.pbi. Makes it
> harder to tell which version we are dealing with. It needs some sort of
> DISTVERSION=    2.4.2 line or something. If you switch it around like I
> showed above though, it'll use the DISTVERSION from bacula-server properly.

Doesn't this cause both ports to be built? If this redundancy is not a
problem, I'll do the switch.

> > And what about that PBIDir Status "Unknown"? Does it have to be
reconfirmed to
> > appear on pbidir.com as an updated release?
> >

> I've gone ahead and added the file "dirstatus" with "Active" in it,
> which just indicates that this is a current PBI available on PBIDir. Is
> this a new version which needs to be added to PBIDir as well?

Sorry, I didn't get it now: "dirstatus" indicates that this is a current PBI
available on PBIDir, but it actually isn't, because it needs to be added
there manually, so basically you just added the dirstatus too early?
I thought the updates are added to PBIDir automatically. But if not, will I
just have to test the autobuilt PBI and then send an e-mail to pbi-dev that
it's OK and may be added to PBIDir (and then set dirstatus to "active")?

But yes, currently built PBI works OK and may be added (although there's
already a new version in ports to be built).

--
Silver