[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] bacula-bat pbibuild

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Jul 31 06:54:38 PDT 2008

Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 21:56, Kris Moore wrote:
>> Silver Salonen wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I'm a bit confused about Bacula-Bat's automatic pbibuild.
>>>
>>> There's an e-mail "PBI Autobuild: bacula-bat" sent on Jul 25th to pbibuild
>>> list and it says:
>>> =====
>>> PBI Autobuild results for module bacula-bat:
>>>
>>> View Folder:
>>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/outgoing/bacula-bat/
>>>
>>> File listing:
>>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  7995205 Jul 25 05:09 BaculaBat-PV0.pbi
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel       59 Jul 25 05:09 BaculaBat-PV0.pbi.md5
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6869541 Jul 25 05:09 build.log
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel        0 Jul  3 06:18 build.time
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel     1256 Jul  8 10:13 index.php
>>> =====
>>>
>>> But if I check the folder, there are files with date July 3th instead. Why
> is
>>> that?
>>>
>>> And what does PBIDir Status "Unknown" mean in pbibuild.pcbsd.org?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Silver
>>>

>> My mistake! I had disabled the file uploads on our build server, and
>> that was causing the missing PBIs :P
>>
>> They are back up now, and your file should be there.
>
> OK, thanks. But another question - bacula-bat port is dependent on
> bacula-server port and version updates come directly from there with
> MASTERDIR etc. The latter port was updated on 29th of July to version 2.4.2,
> but bacula-bat wasn't rebuilt after that (because the port didn't change). So
> do I have to manually update the build-key to get it rebuilt every time
> bacula-server's version is updated or can I make it to track bacula-server's
> version somehow?

The way it works, the port you specify in pbi.conf:

PBIPORT="/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-bat"

Is the one which is monitored for updates, and triggers a rebuild. If
you wanted to, you could change the port to
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server to follow the server updates, then
setup pbi.conf and add OTHERPORTS like this:

OTHERPORT="/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-bat"

This will "track" bacula-server port, and rebuild when it is updated.
Take a look at the "pidgin" module to see how I did this in there, it
really is tracking libpurple, not pidgin itself.

Also, I noticed that in the Makefile for bacula-bat, there is no version
number indicated. This is why the PBI is showing up as
BaculaBat-PV0.pbi, instead of BaculaBat<version>-PV0.pbi. Makes it
harder to tell which version we are dealing with. It needs some sort of
DISTVERSION=    2.4.2 line or something. If you switch it around like I
showed above though, it'll use the DISTVERSION from bacula-server properly.

> And what about that PBIDir Status "Unknown"? Does it have to be reconfirmed to
> appear on pbidir.com as an updated release?

I've gone ahead and added the file "dirstatus" with "Active" in it,
which just indicates that this is a current PBI available on PBIDir. Is
this a new version which needs to be added to PBIDir as well?

http://www.pcbsd.com