[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] FYI - Firefox 3 Pbi non-op

geopew geopew at clearwire.net
Mon Jul 7 20:37:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

     I got a PBI update for Firefox 3 and got an error message
that it failed the integrity check, try again later. I double
checked and went to your PBI download site and tried to
download Firefox 3.0_2 and all the mirror sites in the USA
say that it doesn't exist yet. I'm just passing this along just
in case. You're probably well aware of the situation, If you are
disregard this e-mail.

     I love your Edison Edition and have been using it since
it came out. I've dumped Windows. The only thing that I
miss is Real Player and Quicktime. There's alot of science
programs that I can't see. I have alot to learn yet, but you
guys have a great product. I'd keep the Edison Style.

Your new PCBSD7 Alpha... I tried, and I'd stay with Edison...
KDE4.1 is too unstable. The PBI auto install feature doesn't
work at all. I tried to install Firefox from the CD's and it
never installed.

Edison is really really good! Of all the Linux and BSD families
I've tried, I'd put it at the top #1 with Desktop BSD at #2.

If I can offer my support in any way, please let me know.
I'm not a programmer, but I know a good system when I see
one.

George R. Pew
California
geopew at clearwire.net