[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Bacula Bat PBI

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 01:26:14 PDT 2008

Hello.

Today I noticed that the PBI has been uploaded to pbidir.com. To my mind there
are a few problems with it:
1) The icon is not showing up
2) I think the name should be Bacula Bat as it should refer to console only.
3) Description of the PBI is a bit misleading as well - the PBI is not Bacula
(server and client) itself, but a console only. Description I first wrote was
taken from Bacula manual and goes like this
(http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10997):

Bacula Bat is based on QT4 and it's a program that allows the user or the
System Administrator to interact with the Bacula Director daemon while the
daemon is running. Since the Console program interacts with the Director
through the network, your Console and Director programs do not necessarily
need to run on the same machine.

If the description should contain introduction to Bacula itself, the above
chapter could be just added to the existing one, but I think it's still very
important (and correct) to describe what is inside PBI instead of what it
framework it's used for.

Would anyone fix it?

--
Silver