[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] bacula-bat: script for binary missing in .sbin

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 04:23:24 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 17:17:27 Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2008 16:58:11 Kris Moore wrote:
> > Correct, you would need a pseudo file in kmenu-dir, such as how I did
> > xmms2:
> >
> > ExePath: bin/xmms2
> > ExeIcon: xmms2-128.png
> > ExeDescr: xmms2
> > ExeNoDesktop: 1
> > ExeNoMenu: 1
> > ExeRunRoot: 0
> > ExeRunShell: 0
> > ExeNotify: 1
> > ExeLink: 0
> > ExeWebLink: 0
> > ExeTaskbar: 0
> > ExeOwndir: 2
> > ExeKdeCat: Multimedia
> >

> > By Setting ExeNoDesktop and ExeNoMenu to :1, I disabled creating any
> > icons for them, but the .sbin entry still gets created. This is useful
> > for apps that need a command-line program available, but you don't want
> > to clutter up the desktop with useless links.
>
> Yes, thanks, I had just taken the file out of my presaved bat.pbc :)

Hello.

The latest PBI now really creates the script, but there's a very-very weird
stuff going on with it:
=====
$ ls -l /Programs/BaculaBat2.4.2/.sbin/
total 6
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  583 Aug  9 14:07 bat
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  573 Aug  9 14:07 bat-kommander.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  297 Aug  9 14:07 bat.sh
$ ls -l /Programs/BaculaBat2.4.2/.sbin/bat
ls: /Programs/BaculaBat2.4.2/.sbin/bat: No such file or directory
$ /Programs/BaculaBat2.4.2/.sbin/bat
bash: /Programs/BaculaBat2.4.2/.sbin/bat: No such file or directory
=====

When trying to open the same file within KDE (with Kate), it opens
successfully.

I see such thing first time in FreeBSD and I don't have a clue what it could
be caused by. I got the same result when I built the PBI on my own machine,
but then I thought there went smth wrong during the build-process. After
letting PBI-autobuild server to build it and seeing the same result, I'd think
there's smth wrong with generating the file or smth.

Any ideas about the weirdness?

--
Silver