[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] bacula-bat: script for binary missing in .sbin

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Aug 6 06:58:11 PDT 2008

Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2008 16:25:33 Silver Salonen wrote:

>> .sbin
> 'bat'.
>> get

>>> The .sbin scripts are created from all the entries in your kmenu-dir
>>> folder in the module. So for example,you have both  bat-kommander and
>>> bat-sh in kmenu-dir, you should end up with two entries in .sbin/ as
>>> well after installing.
>> Yup, exactly. But the 'bat' binary entry is needed too, although it's needed
>> in kmenu - that's why there's no entries about it. So I just have to create
>> pseudo kmenu entry for 'bat'?
>>
>> I'd check how it's done with some other command-line PBI, but I can't access
>> pbibuild server for some reason :(
>
> Ah, sorry. I meant that 'bat' binary entry is needed in .sbin/ but not in
> kmenu.
>
> --
> Silver
>
> !DSPAM:1,4899a67f19863264418522!

Correct, you would need a pseudo file in kmenu-dir, such as how I did xmms2:

ExePath: bin/xmms2
ExeIcon: xmms2-128.png
ExeDescr: xmms2
ExeNoDesktop: 1
ExeNoMenu: 1
ExeRunRoot: 0
ExeRunShell: 0
ExeNotify: 1
ExeLink: 0
ExeWebLink: 0
ExeTaskbar: 0
ExeOwndir: 2
ExeKdeCat: Multimedia

By Setting ExeNoDesktop and ExeNoMenu to :1, I disabled creating any
icons for them, but the .sbin entry still gets created. This is useful
for apps that need a command-line program available, but you don't want
to clutter up the desktop with useless links.

http://www.pcbsd.com