[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New PBI to test

Simone Cuttlefish simonecuttlefish at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:11:59 PDT 2008

Hi Kris - nice to hear from you again :)

At the moment this is a very "manual" build - I would truly LOVE to get it
to build from ports, but as there were a bunch of customised
./configure --with_BLAH options, and so many standard port options to
override (on two ports), I just went CVS and manual build on this one.

This is not the end of this PBI though. Timidity has a truckloads of very
cool features, like midi to wav, flac etc output, aRts output, sequencer in,
network midi server etc. And of COURSE the spectacular and beautiful Xaw3d
interface is currently broken in ports... sigh ...., so I want to keep
updating this over time as time permits. This will also mean a bunch of
custom scripts to make the most common and really useful features available
from GUI utils (kdialog), alternative sound samples, tons of stuff ... in
the fullness of time ......  :) Seeing it properly integrated into KDE would
be a major win  as well.

This is all in the future (PC-BSD 7?).

I'm already looking into the build server option (after your pointer), and I
believe in time, I will be able to get this to build "just right" from the
ports tree. But for now - it's a manual jobbie - not a burning hastle, as
timidity development really has slowed.

Who knows - I may even tell people it has .kar Karaoke support one day