[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] New PBI to test

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Aug 5 06:53:32 PDT 2008

Simone Cuttlefish wrote:
> Thanks billions - the free hoster was RUBBISH!
> ftp://dev.pcbsd.org/PCBSD-timidity1.0-PV0.1.pbi now uploaded - crap midi
> files are now happening : )
>
> It can also play .kar Karaoke files from terminal
> PCBSD-timidity -in /path/to/kar/file
>
> but I "forgot" to mention that anywhere as Karaoke is an abomination and
> should NEVER be encouraged :)
>
> If you get a chance to test it I'd be really happy to get some feedback:
> http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12002&p=73909
>
> Thanks SO much for the info about the upload server.

Great to see you back Steve!!

I've tested it here, and it looks and sounds great! This should be a
very useful PBI, since I know that Midi support has long been lacking on
BSD.

Is this PBI you built able to be created as a build-server module by any
chance? If it was created from the FreeBSD ports tree, we could convert
it to a module and then our build-server can rebuild the PBI
automatically whenever the timidity port gets updated. The advantage of
doing this, is that you won't need to manually maintain the PBI, rather
we'll be able to monitor its progress and automatically roll out new
versions for PC-BSD 1.5, 7.x, and amd64 builds.

Here's some more information about this:

http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/45/30/
http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org/index.php?sort=date&ver=6

If you would like to do this, we can help you convert it to a module
configuration, and then I can set you up with SVN access to update /
maintain the PBI as well if you like. Let me know what you think!

http://www.pcbsd.com