[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] 28 june iso

Renato Flórido renatontv at netvisao.pt
Thu Jun 28 15:11:53 PDT 2007

Slow, but steady advance

I am finally able to write my name correctly in the installer as the
keyboard region setup appears to be working correctly now. The same can’t be
said about the system though; I still have to manually set the correct
keyboard settings in KDE after the first boot.

There is an issue with my sound card since the 26th ISO. I have no sound and
get an error message as soon as x loads:

"Error while initializing sound driver

Device /dev/dsp/ can't be opened (.no such file or directory)

The sound server will continue using the null output device"

My 8800 is still not working but I believe I’ll soon be able to find out
what’s X complaining about thanks to Kris.

Fat32 partitions are not appearing on my system. Is this widespread? If it
is, we really need to look at HAL.