[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] July 3rd Iso report

Renato Flórido renatontv at netvisao.pt
Wed Jul 4 15:59:16 PDT 2007

Guys,

Here are my findings about the July 3rd ISO:

*      The KDE keyboard layout selector in KDE’s Control panel is now
displaying my keyboard correctly but “US” is also displayed in the keyboard
layout section and there is a keyboard layout applet running by default in
the taskbar.  These two issues should be corrected

*      The issue with my sound card (Which began on the 26th June release is
still present.

As x loads:

"Error while initializing sound driver

Device /dev/dsp/ can't be opened (.no such file or directory)

The sound server will continue using the null output device"

During Boot:

“KLD snd.emu10k1.ko: - Depends on Midi – Not available”

*      The GF8800GTX is still not working.

*      Fat32 partitions are the same as usual. We now know what’s wrong
though.

*      In the installer, under the “User Account” and “root” sections, the
“Password” and “Verify Password” fields are cut off

*      In this version of the installer, the user can’t choose the Hostname
for his machine.

*      The clock is 1 hour ahead of the (correct) time displayed in the Bios

Night,

Renato Flórido

Cheers,

RF