[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] 30th June Iso Report

Renato Flórido renatoflorido at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 09:07:03 PDT 2007

People,

The installer now properly saves the keyboard layout and I can write in my
native language as soon as I log onto the OS. Not all is perfect though, the
KDE keyboard layout selector in KDE’s Control panel is still displaying my
keyboard as “US”. I guess the OS knows which keyboard I am using but KDE
doesn’t. As soon as this is fixed, we can go on to fix other bugs as it will
be perfect.

The issue with my sound card (Which began on the 26th june release are still
unfixed.

I have no sound and get an error message as soon as x loads:

"Error while initializing sound driver

Device /dev/dsp/ can't be opened (.no such file or directory)

The sound server will continue using the null output device"

More, I get this message during Boot:

“KLD snd.emu10k1.ko: - Depends on Midi – Not available”

The GF8800GTX  is still not working.  Can anyone help me here? I guess Kris
has too much on his hands right now.

Fat32 partitions are the same as usual. Not even displayed

Cheers,

RF